Indeed knows they’re the king of the hill and they can charge whatever they want and will continue to optimize and squeeze every dollar for their applicants.
After talking to a lot of other cleaning business owners, I realized why most of the applicants are unresponsive and low-quality applications here are some of my conclusions:
- The barrier of entry to apply to a job is almost zero. People have to just hit “apply” while watching tv form their couch.
- Why is so easy to apply? Because applicants just uploads a resume and hit “Apply” and “Apply” to all jobs that seem interesting. No skin in the game whatsoever. Where before, applicants had to think and take 10 minutes and fill an application or walk into an office.
- If you have no skin on the game while applying to a job, who cares if you get hundreds of emails of different companies trying to connect. There’s simply not enough time to respond to all these companies.
Why does Indeed makes applying so easy?
Short answer: Revenue.
The most applicants Indeed can capture the better, because they can sell applicants information/resume hundred of times to several cleaning businesses in the area.
Reselling the same name to local businesses is their business model, this is why applicants don’t respond, they have hundreds of cleaning services contacting them as soon as they “apply”.
What can you do to avoid getting low quality applications from Indeed?
✍️ Have applicants apply on your website rather than on Indeed. Is that simple! but there’s an issue with this, Indeed doesn’t want you to know this, that’s why you have to contact Indeed to help enable/unlock this feature in your account.
Why I can’t send applicants to apply to my website?… I don’t see that option on my Indeed’s account!
You can’t see it because it’s not there, you have to call Indeed’s phone number (1-800-462-5842) and ask to Enable your account to redirect applicants to your website so you can edit your job and redirect people to apply to any website, form or url you want.
This option in the image below appears once you have your account enabled to send applicants to other urls.
Ok, I’ve called Indeed and unlocked my account? Now how I can accept my applications online?
There’s one issue with the above solutions. What?
You’re going to spend some time typing the question and building that job application, and once it’s complete publish it, go back to Indeed and redirect the applicants. Once you do this you will be finally getting better applicants, that at least some people that took the time and filled your form.
Since the applicants won’t be landing in the “candidates” section of Indeed, you’ll instead get emails of applicants in your inbox.
You will have to filter and screen manually and spend time on this process….not the best solution but definitely better than trying to contact people that just hit “apply” on Indeed.
What’s a better solution for cleaning business owners with not a lot of time to build a form from scratch?
Use a tool like Pipehire which is designed for cleaning businesses. See this brief 1 min video explaining how you can recruit more cleaning applicants in less time:
- It comes with a professionally written house cleaning job application template that’s ready to copy/paste designed for residential house cleaning companies.
- The hiring funnel will make your recruiting process a breeze so you manage all your applicants properly in one visual interface, no more emails.
- Will save you time and money because applicants get scored based on their answers to a professional house cleaning application questionaire.
- At the end of the application, only high quality applicants only will be shown an option to book an Interview, in person, via zoom or call, by using our Calendly intregation. This will allow them to book their own interviews in your calendar without you having to follow up and chase them. See how applicants can book their own appointments on this video.