Your customers want everything yesterday and your candidates are no different, they want to work for ambitious fast-moving companies, and will put OFF by a dragging recruitment process.
Hiring process in the past:
• Papper application.
• No process – all in your head.
• Slow to reply.
• Weeks to make a decision.
• Owner as a Bottleneck.
• Candidates were not picky.
• Management using a whiteboard, paper or spreadsheet.
Now in 2020.
• Online application.
• Process and systems in one place.
• Same day reply – confirmation of receipt.
• Days to make a decision.
• No bottleneck.
• Digital Onboarding (e-signing).
• Candidates (talent) are treated as a customers.
• Management of HR with metrics, performance and notifications.
Warning signs when you need to Reengineer your Hiring Process.
• You manually enter candidates into an spreadsheet.
• You still have to manually screen resumes/applications.
• You can’t let other people in your office hire new employees.
• You’re taking too long to reply with decision.
• You haven’t been able to grow.
• Waste time in processes and workflows.
Let’s introduce new terms: ATS + HRM
ATS: Which stands for Applicant Tracking System is designed to Automate, Streamline, and Improve the hiring process.
HRM: Approach to the effective management of people in a company such that they help their business gain a competitive advantage. It is designed to maximize employee performance in service of an employer’s strategic objectives.
How’s different from a CRM?A CRM is focused on clients, leads, opportunities…and managing the relationship with the client. Important to have too! So a CRM won’t do the job if ATS or HRM system.
ATS and HR Software Benefits
Accelerates Time-to-Hire up to 83%
Time-to-Hire: All hours needed to recruit, onboard, resume scanning, interviewing, and coordination of appointments.
• Are you as an owner, wasting time calling, verifying past jobs?
• Are you paying an office assistant to do this screening and calls?
• Let the ATS do it for you. Use that resource in a better way, like building a company culture, increasing retention of employees and clients.
How we spend our day is, of course, how we spend our lives” – Annie Dillard
Cost-to-hire: The total amount of money needed to recruit a new employee.
• With many tasks being automated, less human hours need to fill a position, your hiring process is more productive and cost-efficient.
• Faster onboarding = Faster client growth.
• Owners time.
• Managers/Office assistant salary.
• Advertising costs.
With many tasks being automated, less human hours to fill a position, your hiring process is more productive and cost-efficient.
Faster onboarding = Faster client growth.
Quality of Hire: The total VALUE a new employee brings to a company with their performance.
• Lower Turnover
• Higher retention of satisfied customers
• Better Company reviews/brand recognition
• Quality of life for the owner (my favorite!)
Learn how to Hire and Manage better cleaning employees.
Join our Facebook group and learn Cleaning Business Hiring and Management