Hiring house cleaning techs has become more and more complicated, specially when we’re all in the same place spending thousands in Indeed without much to show for. Thankfully as our industry evolves, creative entrepreneurs have been solving this problem in different ways.
I want to share a side by side comparison of hiring solutions for cleaning employees in 2021. I get often see people confused and asking if they should use Pipehire, Wootrecruit or Blueskies to solve their hiring problems.
All these services above are very different and I want with this article help you understand the differences so you decide what works best for you and your business. I know the founders of these companies and they are all great people, we’re just trying to solve the hiring and recruiting pains for cleaning service owners from a different angle. Make sure you listen the the webinar Hiring Trends and Strategies with Amar Ghose so you can thrive in 2021.
So let’s get started.
Hiring Solutions Compared Side by Side
What is it? It’s an all in-one Hiring, HR and Management software as a service (Saas) tool for cleaning businesses.
What it does: Pipehire provides an all in one online hiring platform that offers everything you need to find, hire, onboard and manage cleaning techs.
Pipehire offers a full suite of solutions into one such as: Applicant Tracking System, HR software the ability to run background checks, track attendance, complaints, get notifications on birthdays/anniversaries and more all in one system.
Who is this perfect for? The perfect client of Pipehire is the professional cleaning business owner that wants to track and measure their whole HR and Management operations/processes, onboarding, complaints, attendance, and everything employees related from end-to-end.
Setup Fee: $0.00 Free migration assistance included
Monthly plans: $39.00 up $149.00
What is it? It’s a recruiting full service agency for cleaning businesses.
What it does: Blueskies provides a recruiting service agency that helps cleaning businesses from end-to-end. This includes posting ads, talking to candidates and sorting through resumes and much more. They will send them your way pre-screened for a 1-1 interview.
Who is this perfect for? The perfect client for Blueskies is someone that doesn’t want to get involved in finding, screening the employee or anything related to the search or evaluation process of candidates. They want a team to do this for them.
Setup fee: Prices might vary Please check with Blueskies
Monthly plans: Several packages. Please check with Blueskies
What is it? It’s a lead generation service that post ads in Indeed to generate cleaning technician leads.
What it does: Wootrecruit will create a landing page for your business and will post cleaning ads for you, then allows cleaning applicants to book themselves using a Calendly and Google calendar integration via Zapier. You’ll get notified of interviews via email.
Who is this perfect for? Cleaning business owners that need help posting, managing Indeed ads and getting applicants booked in their schedule with a minimum effort on their part.
Setup fee: $399- $999
Monthly plans: From $59.00 up to $99.00
Pipehire vs Blueskies main differences:
1. Pipehire is an hr and management software with great customer support and groundbreaking technology for the residential cleaning industry. It was built in-house in 2018 to solve many of the hr problem in our own cleaning business, with three goals in mind:
1. Reduce the time to hire great cleaning employees
2. Increase the quality of new the hires and
3. Reduce the cost of the hiring process and management
In 2020 we released it to the public so other cleaning business owners can manage their cleaning techs in one integrated solution.
2. Blueskies it’s a recruiting agency NOT a software company, operated and managed by Dan Platta great entrepreneur and accounting nerd. Blueskies uses CareerPlug a 3rd party hiring software to give you access to your applicants. CareerPlug is designed to publish jobs on search engines. Evaluation and sorting through candidates, is handled by Blueskies team. CareerPlug is not an HR software it will not allow you track HR data, such as: complaints, attendance, expired documents, disciplinary actions and birthdays/anniversaries, etc. Blueskies might use other applicants tracking system for their clients, but the important part here is that you understand that Blueskies provides a recruiting service agency that helps cleaning businesses from end-to-end.
🤔 Can I use Pipehire and Blueskies together?
Yes you do. You can use Blueskies recruiting expertise to help you find the employees and send them to your Pipehire account for you to do the onboarding, run background checks and then track all management and HR related tasks that begin when you hire a new cleaner. There are some companies using this powerful combination, you get the best of the two worlds.
🎯 Conclusion Pipehire or Blueskies?
If you want a hiring agency to do all the work for you then Blueskies is a best fit for you. If you want a software tool that help you run and operate your HR department in one integrated solution then Pipehire is for you.
Pipehire vs Wootrecruit main differences:
Pipehire HR software is focused on these five areas of the business:
- Finding/Scoring great candidates
- Hiring and running background checks
- Onboarding the right people with step by step checklists and (e-signature coming 2021)
- Managing employees data like attendance, complaints, benefits, birthdays/anniversaries, time off request.
- Educating/training cleaning employees and business owners with one goal in mind: Making the process easier, faster and better for the residential business owner.
We believe these 5 areas make up the Employee Lifecycle that must be running under control in order to succeed as cleaning business owner.
Wootrecruit wordpress landing pages are focused on lead generation of cleaning applicants by helping you post on Indeed and then allowing you applicants to self book an interview in your calendar.
What’s the difference in the filtering and screening process between Pipehire and Wootrectuit?
Wootrecruit’s filtering process explained.
Wootrecruit offers a basic filtering process on the following questions:
- Are you authorized to work in the US?
- Are you willing to undergo a background check in accordance with local laws and regulations?
- Do you have a valid driver’s license?
- Do you have a reliable vehicle for driving to jobs?
- Are you available to work Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm?
- Are you afraid or allergic to either cats or dogs?
- Are you currently employed?
- From Indeed applicant lands to company landing page
- Answers initial screening question (above)
- An applicant that passes screening question then is prompted to fill another set of questions with their personal information.
- Then applicant books an interview via Calendly.
- Scheduled meeting with applicant shows in business owner’s email and calendar.
At this point Wootrecruit’s job is over you should start the onboarding process somewhere else.
Pipehire filtering process explained.
- From any source applicant visits custom URL to answer a 4 part application. This job form can be embedded into the company website to increase conversions. Pipehire forms have built in metrics to show you total of visitors and conversion rate.
- Once form is completed then applicant information arrives your Funnel with a “Recruiting Score” on the top right (see image below)
- Applicant then is moved to “Qualified Stage” where a quick call to verify the applicants questions are true and complete. In this step you’re dealing with less than 10% of applicants. Here during the call offer two dates for in person or zoom interview.
Pipehire handles appointment setting differently.
4. The applicants that agree to come for the interview move them in the funnel to “To be Interviewed” from here (image below), the system will display the menu below. The applicant then is filtered again with confirmation that he/she must accept via SMS or Email.
5. If the person does confirm the appointment then will be shown in green and those that will not confirm you will be unconfirmed most likely disqualified. (In this stage we’re at 2-3 % of applicants)
6. You will continue moving the applicants to further funnel stages, once you’ve decided to hire. Pipehire assist you in the HR process that comes afterwards, like:
- Onboarding tracking
- Background checks
- Keeping track of attendance, birthdays and anniversaries and much more.
What the colors in the funnel mean?
- Red: Disqualified their score is too low and don’t meet basic requirements.
- Yellow: Fair/ok candidates the meet the basic requirements but they’re not the best qualified.
- Green: Best and qualified. These are the A-Players they meet all the basic requirements and based on their answers to a 4 part application and internal analytics developed by Pipehire will be shown in green.
Self booking applicants to your calendar? Shotgun style is not as Effective as it seems.
We believe having someone pass the initial screening question filter is “ok” but is not a GREAT way to find the most able, qualified and capable employees, definitely not those A-Players. Why? Because you could get someone with all the initial questions answered show up to my office and when you meet this person, find out that they’re not problem solver and live to too far away from my business service area. Time is wasted meeting with people that just pass the basic filter (initial screening) and book themselves on you calendar. Pipehire advanced job application form allows you to filter and give a score to each applicant.
🎯 Conclusion Pipehire or Wootrecruit?
If you want a lead generation service with an indeed account manager then Wootrecruit is a best fit for you. If you want an applicant tracking software tool that helps you find top talent with an advanced filtering process then Pipehire is for you. Also if HR is critical component for keeping your business organized then Pipehire offers this too.
Hiring is the easy part! The hardest job starts once employees are on your payroll.– Juan Chaparro